Scheme of Selection for recruitment of officers in Grade- ‘B’ A. Examination Pattern
- Examination will consist of two phases, viz. – Phase-I & Phase-II followed by interview.
- Phase-I examination will be objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There are four modules in Phase-I, viz.-
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Phase-II examinations will consist of three papers in MCQ pattern (except Paper-I) – viz.
- Paper-I on English (writing skills)
- Paper-II – Economic & Social Issues
- Paper-III – (optional subjects) – Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics
- Candidates will be required to write all the papers online.
- Only successful candidates of Phase-I will appear for Phase-II examination on a later date.
- Based on the results of Phase-II examinations candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
- Final selection will be through merit lists which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II + Paper-III) and Interview.
B. Duration of Examinations and Distribution of Marks
- Phase-I: Objective Type – 2 hours – 200 marks
- Phase-II: Three Papers – 300 marks
- Paper-I – online- English-( writing skills)- 1½ hours – 100 marks
- Paper-II – Economic and Social Issues – 1½ hours – 100 marks
- Paper-III – Optional Paper (Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics) – 1½ hours – 100 marks
- Interview: 50 marks
C. Educational Qualification
A Minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
D. Age Criteria
21 to 30 years plus relaxation as per norms
E. Number of attempts
The maximum permissible number of attempts (which were applicable for candidates belonging to Unreserved/General Category) is 6.
Click here for Official notification of Scheme and Syllabus of RBI Grade B exam.